View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack.n View Post
So I can live with no longer being able to email an action or a file to my to do list (as I can with ToDo and Evernote).
Forgot to mention that this is possible if you use the Mac app. It's also one of the things we're considering eventually making available for iPhone/iPad-only customers through our Sync Server.

I'm not sure how ToDo's feature works, but one of the advantage of a web-based service like Evernote is having a back end that can modify your database for you when the app isn't running. We think we can do something similar, but we need to do more investigation and then, you know, build the thing. See also: clone developers.

I hope that doesn't sound dismissive of your concern - you're absolutely correct that we don't have every feature that our competitors have, but we also have features that they don't.

Hopefully, the delta in features from the launch version of OmniFocus for iPhone to the current version helps you feel good about your purchase. Our goal with 1.0 was to ship something that was better than the iPhone app for iPad customers.

The app that came out on Friday wasn't the finish line, though - that was us just coming out of the starter blocks. Plenty of work left to do. :-)