View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by codog24 View Post
I have read that some people have turned off local iDisk syncing, which seems to help, but I have yet to find a definitive post from the Omni folks that says, "you can't sync with MobileMe if you have iDisk sync turned on". Since I need to be able to sync with a local copy of my iDisk, I'd like to get to the bottom of this once and for all.
We would, too! What this error means is that the root transaction file (starting with "0000...") has been removed from your OmniFocus.ofocus folder on the server. OmniFocus doesn't do this itself (unless it writes a new root first), so something else is implicated—but we're not really sure what.

Some people are using local iDisk syncing without any trouble, and we haven't been able to reproduce this problem in our testing. But as far as I can tell everyone who has reported this sort of problem does have iDisk syncing turned on, so perhaps that is a factor. (But perhaps iDisk syncing is working fine, and there's something else causing the problem.)

We've reported the issue to Apple, but since nobody knows how to reproduce the problem it's not clear whether it's their bug or how they might fix it.

Oh, one more important note: before the root transaction gets removed, are you getting an iDisk sync conflict on any of your computers (similar to the one in the Warning from OMNI thread)? If so, be sure to always choose to keep the server copy rather than the local copy (despite what the dates and sizes in the dialog might say). OmniFocus never touches the local copy, so that's never the copy you want to keep. (Please read that thread for more details.)