View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
If you synchronize an iCal calendar with one or more OmniFocus contexts, then any items you add to the calendar will be pulled into your Inbox.
I'm afraid I'm still confused. I have calendars in iCal that correspond with contexts in OF. These calendars are sync'd with the smartphone via the application "Missing Sync." That way I can slice and dice tasks on my smartphone because the OF contexts -> iCal calendars become smartphone categories. (Admittedly, in this sync, I loose any notion of what the "next action" is, but that is okay for the most part. Until, at least, y'all come up with a Windows Mobile application and partner with Mark/Space to come up with a channel plugin for Missing Sync.)

The problem comes with items created on the smartphone. New items have no category assigned to them (because it is too inconvenient to go through the number of screen taps to assign one -- besides, the smartphone is just used as an inbox capture device, not a processing device). Missing Sync, upon synchronization, assigns them to a default iCal calendar (because Missing Sync has to put them somewhere in the iCal database). That "default iCal calendar" is not known to OF because it isn't really a "context" -- it is an inbox of items. That's why I'm looking for a preference option that says "sweep tasks from the selected iCal calendar(s) into the OF inbox".

Does this explanation help explain the desired workflow? I don't think what you are proposing will work for this case...