View Single Post
Forgive me if this issue has been debated in previous threads, I searched for a bit and couldn't find an answer to my specific issue...

One thing that has always made me a little uneasy about GTD is the issue of how to prioritize your tasks for any given time. From what I can gather over multiple readings of GTD, it gives a bit of a cop out by saying that because priorities and how to focus your time is dependent on so many variables (energy level, context, time available, etc...) you can't really 'systematize' this. Fair enough.

But all the same, I personally can't just open myself mentally to the firehose of tasks that is context mode. I have lots of tasks I want to keep in my system, but not all are created equal. I've solved this somewhat with a 'Someday' context that is on hold so that these far off things don't show up in my daily reviews. But there is the question of these tasks that are in GTD purgatory: those that are low priority (but need to be done in the not so distant future), but are important enough that they can't be shifted to Someday.

What I've been doing is reviewing mainly in Project mode because I have an innate feeling about which projects are more important. But all the same, I could have some easily done, quick 'purgatory' tasks that I'm missing by not using Context mode. How do you address this issue, either with OF or with general GTD processes?

Thanks.