View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumblechook114 View Post
One approach I considered is to use OF's review intervals. What I don't want to do is be constantly renegotiating with myself and worrying that I'm not focusing on my highest impact tasks. So rather than using flags or setting artificial deadlines, I considered marking high priority projects for review at shorter intervals, then creating a perspective in Context mode that filters out all tasks/projects that aren't to be reviewed within the next 3-5 days. This would constitute my most important focus, and would be a go-to after knocking out everything in my Due perspective. The advantage to this is that I will still review the lower importance tasks in my weekly review, but they won't compete with those tasks which I've marked for more frequent review.

Thoughts?

Andy
This is very similar in feeling to what I do. I don't really do a weekly review, but rather a rolling review. Each day I try to review every project that has become eligible for review (next review date today or earlier), and I try to do at least one action before marking it reviewed. Projects that are more important get a short review interval, and projects where a lack of progress over the near term is acceptable get a longer one. I use Curt's prime number suggestion to keep from having too many projects to review on any given day, and try to deactivate projects that I'm sure I won't really work on.