View Single Post
Yeah, after I dreamed up the whole group by review date in context mode, you guys bring me back down to reality... :)

Thanks for the script recommendation, I'll have to check that one out.

I think I kinda sorta came up with a way to accomplish what I was thinking, albeit not as cleanly as being able to group by review date in context mode...

I use two main levels of folders for my projects: Office and Home, with my areas of responsibility/goals accounting for more subfolders within each. So I just created a perspective in project mode with a focus on the Office folder, available only, grouped and sorted by next review date. The obvious drawback to this approach is that you have multiple contexts grouped together. While I can see how this might trip some people up, it's not really a problem for me given that any task assigned to a project in the Office folder will always have a context that is available while I'm in the office. So while I may have some tasks to review today that involve speaking with someone specific, making a phone call, or working on the computer, all those contexts are simply subcontexts of Office.

I think the key to this approach is not treating the review as a due date, or else its just another artificial deadline. For me this might be a step to include in my daily workflow/review after I blow through my due perspective, representing Covey's Q2 (Important, Not Urgent) that is so vital.