View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Well, probably mostly the latter, but see below. *I did have to spend quite a while trimming down my database when I first started using it on the 2G iPod touch (it would crash at start up, presumably due to running out of RAM), but it is unclear to me whether the bulk of the blame might have been more fairly assigned to the > 8k actions and 500 or so projects I had in my database before the forced pruning. *As I recall, it was about 10 MB in size (when compacted).
I experienced similar problems on my iPhone 2G with > 10k actions, but those crashes went away when I switched to the iPhone 4 last year, presumably because it has much more memory (512 MB instead of 128 MB).

Quote:
OmniFocus needs to rewrite the entire database back to the net whenever it compacts it.
True: this is also what I gathered based on my limited understanding of the OmniFocus database format, and this looks like *show stopper to me. Imagining that the database grows to be 1 GB in 1 year: copying that kind of data over wifi on a regular basis just doesn't seem very realistic.

Quote:
Are you syncing locally via Bonjour sync, or using the Omni Sync Service, MobileMe or other cloud provider?
I am using the*Omni Sync Service.

Alex