View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Baril View Post
Just to be clear, I did not get a refund for the iPad version of OmniOutliner. Ken offered it, but I turned it down. I do not want to take a refund and leave the impression Omni somehow satisfied my concern. On the contrary, I want them to know they took in $20 in revenue from me, but its going to cost them a heck of a lot more in terms of customer [dis]satisfaction.
In other words, you spent $20 on self-righteous indignation. You bought something based on what you hoped it would eventually be, grew impatient with the perceived lack of progress toward that goal, and refused the offer of a 100% refund of your purchase price, pledging instead to drum up customer dissatisfaction. I agree, someone is being unreasonable here! You were right to vote with your feet, but leaving your shoes behind hurts no one but you.

Would you be this bent out of shape if you spent $20 on a meal or a pair of movie tickets and the experience wasn't all you had hoped for, even though the proprietor cheerfully offered you a full refund?