View Single Post
I have three collection buckets.

1. At my laptop I hit my speedkey to bring up the OF quick entry and send it straight to my inbox. I have my preferences set so that it stays in the inbox unless I have entered a project and context. If the project & context exist I'll enter them up front, otherwise I'll go back later and set up the new project.

2. On the road I use evernote on my iphone to either write a reminder note or if I'm driving record a voice memo. When I get back to the office I bring up EN on the laptop and sitting in the inbox are my reminders for transfer to OF.

3. I also use my email client to keep track of most email based actions. I just don't see the point of sending emails to OF and back. I have folders set up for "waiting for" and "action". You need the discipline to practice inbox zero and also do under 2 min email actions as they show up but otherwise I prefer to have email as email.

I will send things I need to read or want to review at some point in the future to OF via "send to inbox" script but anything that involves sending another email stays in email.