View Single Post
So, I think I've found an interim solution to getting my OmniFocus stuff onto my iCal calendar.

First, I went here:

http://simplicityisbliss.com/2010/11...o-ical-events/

I installed the app, then it tells you to set up a context you call 'iCal."

Before, I'd only had one "iCal" context set up, and I was trying to nest all my other contexts under it so they would go to my mac iCal calendar, but the script is set up to only read "actions."

But what I've done is, under every context I may potentially want to have an action pop up in iCal, I have added an "iCal" context as the last sub-context.

That way, once I have a list of actions under any context, the last one is the one I can put it into is my "iCal" context.

SO let's say I'm writing something, using scrivener, and I need to get a chapter done, and I want that chapter and the time period I'm going to work on it to pop up in my iCal calendar...

I have a context called "Work" then under it, a subcontext called "Writing" and under that one called "Scrivener." So now, under my "Scrivener" context, I have one called "iCal." If I want 3 chapters that I intend to work on for an hour over 3 days, under context I now just select: Work:Writing:Scrivener:iCal for that action (which is a chapter in my case) and all the chapters (with due dates and time durations) that I intend to show up on my i Cal calendar, and when you run the script (which will now be an icon in your customized toolbar) and sync with iCal, it will do so, and show up in iCal.