View Single Post
Most of the time, when I assign due dates, I fill in the date on each action. Occasionally, I'll assign a due to a group of actions by filling in the date in the parent. I've never intentionally assigned due dates to both a parent and a child action.

A couple of weeks ago, I added two actions and assigned the same due date to each. What I didn't notice at the time was the second action was a child of the first.

The accidental parent/child relationship wasn't a problem until I tried changing the due date of the second (child) action in my "Due Soon" perspective (sorted by Due Date). The new date appeared in the Inspector, but date in the perspective (and the sort order) did not change.

I thought this was an OmniFocus database bug until I eventually discovered the unintended parent/child actions in my "Remaining Tasks" perspective (sorted by project).

It seems to me sorting by Due Date should give precedence to an action's explicit due date, not the parent's due date.

I'm reporting this in the iPad forum because that's where I changed the due date. After syncing with my OmniFocus for Mac, the problem appeared there, too.

-- Ward

[submitted as formal feedback]

Last edited by Ward; 2012-01-09 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: add iPad & Mac note