View Single Post
Unfortunately the OmniFocus <-> Toodledo sync utility stopped working about two years ago when an OmniFocus software update broke it. This was devastating to me, since I had the ultimate sync environment set up; because I used Windows at work, Mac at home, and an iPhone everywhere else, I was able to use Toodledo as my "cloud" which synced to both OF at home and Microsoft Outlook tasks (which I use at work). I could create a task in Outlook at the office and it would show up in OF when I got home (and vice versa). After the OF-Toodledo sync broke, I had to abandon OF and just use Toodledo + Outlook. I still think OF is the best GTD application, but I can't use it anymore because the reality is that I use a PC most of the time. OF is very pro-mac and will probably never support Windows or Toodledo. I've tried asking the developers, but it does not make a good business case for them.

I remember reading that the OF-Toodledo sync developers stopped supporting its development once OF for iPhone came out (that should give an indicator of how old it is) because it was only intended as a temporary solution for mobile users. What they didn't realize was that syncing to Toodledo opens up many more flexible options since Toodledo is very "cloud"-friendly; i.e., it syncs with just about anything else you can imagine, such as MS Outlook and many other 3rd-party apps. So in my opinion, maintaining an OF-Toodledo sync utility would be an *excellent* investment for Omni Group because it would allow OF to then indirectly sync to anything and everything that a user would ever want.

OmniFocus is wonderful when you live in an all-Mac world. If all you ever use is Macs, iPhones, and iPads for all of your work and leisure, then nothing beats it. However, if you're like me (and probably many others) where your corporate environment mandates the use of a PC, then OmniFocus is useless.

I still hope one day that someone will dig up the OF-Toodledo sync and make it work again. It was written in AppleScript, and I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to update if you know how to write in AppleScript. If anyone is interested in taking on this challenge, I'd gladly provide some financial support!