View Single Post
From what I am hearing, iCloud is still a work in progress. Syncing documents would be easier than syncing calendar events and tasks.

Apple doesn't really help by providing fairly poor documentation on how to use the APIs. iCloud is still a moving target. Apple history in cloud syncing has been very spotty - MobileMe being a disaster that stands out in recent memory.

I don't know how it can be said that iCloud syncing is a deal breaker. iCloud is the current buzzword and trending topic but not the final solution. So suddenly everyone wants iCloud without really thinking about how it fits into your workflow.

A perfect example is file syncing. iCloud's file syncing model is on a per-application basis. iDisk is a feature that didn't make the transition to iCloud. So I opted to use DropBox.

I like using Omnigroup's own cloud sync services to sync OF on my Mac to my iPod touch and iPad easily.

Using Omni's sync services (Free) and DropBox (free for the first 2 GBs) have proven to be a perfect supplement for me.