View Single Post
You are not missing anything, in my view. Actually, I think your reaction (confusion) is perfectly normal to my mind, as the current 1.8 builds sorely need a dedicated "context" field for action groups and projects. This has been discussed very extensively (and passionately) in two threads: First in the thread that announced the 1.8 sneaky peeks, and then in another thread on "1.8 workflow issues".

Take a look and see what you make of it. I find it surprising that the Omni guys have not yet commented on the possibility of adding an extra field. The solutions they have been suggesting to date (in the above threads) feel to me (and several others) like "hacks" and do not do justice to a phenomenal product.

I just hope that the developers are not reluctant to add such an extra field on grounds of simplicity. I read a post by Ken Case (Omni) in which he rejected some other requested feature, advocating that the product needs to be simplified. In this case, however, I would argue that the added field would actually remove the conceptual complexity imposed by ambiguity and a constricted workflow.