View Single Post
Update:
After posting my rant, I found this other discussion with an informative note on the status of this issue:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...1498#post21498
------------------------------------------
I have experienced this same annoying feature in recent builds (about the last week). It's more annoying because it didn't used to function this way--<enter> used to confirm a context, project, or date entry, then confirm the whole action and finally create a new line. Now within the regular OF window, I have to succumbed to using Ctl-Cmd-N because tabbing back to the title field so I can use <enter> is even more difficult.

So why the change? I used to be able to activate Quick Entry, type-tab-and-enter very quickly through a bunch of new actions to get everything out of my head, and be done with very little effort.

With this simple, intuitive function taken away I have noticeably reduced my use of OF and revert to writing stuff done on scraps of paper because that's so much easier than the half-functioning Quick Entry.

I love using OF, but this changed function is a major pain in the GTD process of getting things out of your head and recording them easily. Can we get some relief?

Last edited by lujo; 2007-10-05 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: update