View Single Post
Hi,
Recently, my responsibilities and tasks have been evolving into series of projects and complicated tasks spanning several areas of responsibilities, so I am trying to redesign/restructure my workflow and daily routines.

I've been using Things for many years, and I have been pretty happy with it. However, I think Omnifocus may improve my productivity, so I am currently trying the new Omnifocus(beta test version).

If you have extensively used Things and made a switch to OF, what was your reason and how did the transition improve your productivity? What is the main difference?

Also a question concerning the multiple contexts. When I use Things, I don't assign many tags since the action of tagging itself is somewhat anti-productive and does not necessarily help me, but I usually have 2~3 tags/contexts, primarily location and mood/energy level. I have been reading about the multiple contexts issue on Omnifocus, but I still cannot find a resolution.

For example, I'd like to filter my tasks with two primary contexts: location and energy level/mood. I could make a single action list with specific location, but I often have projects where some of the tasks are location specific(requires certain equipments at the lab) while some are not (such as researching or data processing).

At this point, I just have 3 hours of experience with OF, so I would appreciate your help/advice!