View Single Post
I would totally agree with kingsinger. The true benefit of location services would be to not have 50 contexts for all of the different places I might buy something; but to have the phone indicate when I approach a place where certain actions might be able to be completed. I can purchase widgets at many different vendors, why not give me a shout out when I get close to one of my preferred locations. Isn't this more in keeping with the "just in time" nature of GTD?

Then a user can indicate how many "locations" they wish to use as options; or for those capitalists in the crowd, merchants might indicate what they are selling that would be appropriate also. I'm not a big fan of advertisements, but if I'm a block away from a Lowe's and I have something on my shopping list for Home Depot, maybe a little "incentive" to check Lowe's out might not be a bad thing. This may break privacy issues, but there might be some reasons to opt-in.

Is there any idea of this type of location awareness being added into upcoming versions of OF?

Kurt