Thread: iCal syncing
View Single Post
I'm new to Omni and I too have this problem. It's very disappointing because I only use iCloud-based calendars in iCal. I have several of them.

All I see in the iCal tab is (unsynchronized) and one sports calendar which I subscribe to (not sure why that's the only one I see, and even that was only after resetting sync services). This was one of the selling points as to why I bought into the omni system, and now I see it doesn't even work. I really only bought the Mac version in order to have 2-way sync with my existing iCloud calendar to-dos/Reminders on the iPhone version of Omnifocus.

There are at least a couple of other (iphone) apps such as Pocket Informant Pro which do communicate with iCal via iCloud without issue. In the case of PIP, they just read the iCal/Reminders database on the iPhone so they don't even have to sync directly with iCloud. I guess the iCal DB on the iPhone is not as bifurcated as it is on the Mac, but Omnifocus for iPhone could do the same thing and push the data back to the Mac version. It's just another way to accomplish the same thing, but it would work. I have other Mac applications which interact with the iCal database so it's a logical common database for applications to use for calendars and to-do functions, but from OS 10.7 and on, most will not be using "onmymac" calendars anymore, they will be using iCloud. I had a nightmare converting my old OnMyMac calendars to iCloud once I went to Lion, and I'm certainly not going to go backwards now that it's working.

I just don't like the workflow and feature set in those other iOS apps as much, but like them or not, this lack of iCloud sync in Omni is a dealbreaker for me. Maybe I'll be back when you guys have it.

Devs: Please implement comprehensive iCloud integration and sync. Somehow.

Last edited by danseq; 2013-02-09 at 09:59 PM..