View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprewitt
I compared both programs, and a handful of others, prior to purchasing OP. In the end, OP and Merlin were my two favorites, and I eventually decided on OP.

In short, I found OP to be the easiest to use intuitively, although I am still stuck on how to do a few particular things.

Merlin seemed to have more functionality, but I didn't like the interface as well. Maybe someday I will regret this choice to favor easy-of-use over functionality, but for now I'm happy with it.

FWIW, I did notice that Merlin will open OP native files directly, but I couldn't get OP to open Merlin's native files. Should I ever wish to switch to Merlin (and I hope Omni will be able to persuade me to stay), it appears I will be able to covert my data over.
Hi,

I saw the above comment before I tried Merlin2 and OP, and it was something I'd not thought of as important.

However, since both export to .MPX it was easy to export and re-open from one to the other.
My tester project wasn't very complex, but things seemed to be ok - except colour changes in OP weren't carried to M2.

I'm sure someone with both could do a more detailed test to make sure things are ok, not just seem ok to my untrained eye.

Peter