View Single Post
I was really hopeful when I read your message, troyb. Unfortunately it didn't work. I followed your instructions to the letter. At step 5 I added a new bookmark, then quit OmniWeb. Went to the second Mac, fired up OmniWeb and the new bookmark wasn't there. I knew it wouldn't be because the 'master' copy of OmniWeb hadn't updated the server bookmarks after I created the new bookmark.

So, I opened up the 'master' OmniWeb to make sure that this time the upload happens. As soon as I started it, I saw a flurry of network activity on my router and OmniWeb promptly deleted the new bookmark!

The problem appears to be that Omniweb doesn't immediately update the server bookmarks when any changes are made locally. If this doesn't happen then you will lose any changes the next time. Period.

I use Firefox with the Foxmarks extension. Foxmarks synchronises bookmarks with 100% success. As soon as a change is made locally, the remote server knows about it immediately and the bokmarks are in sync. A second copy of Firefox on another machine seems to update immediately too - it is like the way .Mac sync work with iDisk.

Why can't OmniWeb adopt a similarly robust system?