View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgf
Omnigroup? Does anyone from Omnigroup read these forums?
Yes--lots of us do... however Troy was the one helping you earlier so I thought I would let him continue to help, since I was actually surprised by the list of steps he gave for bookmark syncing. Unfortunately, he was sick last week and is now catching up on the email that came in while he was out. Meanwhile, the developers were all at Apple's World Wide Developer Conference all last week.

Quote:
I would have thought that a report in the OmniWeb beta discussion forum of a failure with one of OmniWeb's feature would merit at least some comment from the developers.
Actually, there are plenty of bugs with bookmark syncing which are already known--unless this is a new bug with 5.5 and not already in 5.1, it's not going to be part of the current release. We have so much to do with the conversion to WebKit that we can't fix the known bugs in 5.1 as well unless they are directly related to the conversion.

Quote:
Bookmarks syncing is the main reason I don't use OmniWeb day to day.
I am sorry they aren't working for you--I have never used them myself, but I know other people around Omni who have.

Quote:
I ended my last post with a comment about bookmarks sync in Firefox and a question.

"Why can't OmniWeb adopt a similarly robust system?"
I am planning a major overhaul of syncing in a future release, I will certainly explore what other browsers are doing when I do and I thank you for pointing me at what Firefox is up to...