View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by khad View Post
This is likely a sign that Apple plans to phase this technology out, and soon, but is giving developers a little more time to make the transition. Because we're trying to standardize our extension experience across browsers and prepare for the future, we have already taken Apple's progressive philosophy to heart and are looking towards the future to create a better experience for all customers.
If Apple does deprecate Scripting Additions it is highly improbable they would do so during any 10.7.x release. Mid-release deprecation is extremely rare.

Thus, what you're really saying is that out of fear of a problem that is more than 1-2 years away (10.8), you have no plans to support current customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khad View Post
As for plans, all I can say is what our hopes are. We hope to restore support, either through Scripting Additions or through the new technology.

I really wish I could give you something more definitive at this point. There are scenarios in which restored support for OmniWeb could happen quickly and scenarios under which it takes considerable time. I just don't know how these will play out at this point.
More recent posts in that same thread from Dave Teare imply that you've simply stopped exploring options for OmniWeb entirely.

Axel

Last edited by Axxel; 2011-09-09 at 07:38 AM..