View Single Post
Hey guys,

I know this is an old thread, but it's new to me. Just started using OmniFocus and I've had an idea you might like.

As far as I can tell, there doesn't currently appear to be any difference between typing in the search field and hitting <Enter> and doing the same with <Option><Enter>.

<Option> is usually the "I really mean it" modifier key in OS X, so it would seem the simplest solution (to me) to make this the trigger for "search across ALL tasks, not just what I've currently focussed on".

As with the helpful global search script I found on these forums(*), it would make sense for OmniFocus to open a new window when this happens, so as not to destroy the current window state.

To give a use case, I'm often busy reviewing something when a little voice says "oh, man -- did you remember to.." -- so I hit the search and check it out. By having the "global" search open in a new window, I can get back to what I was doing very easily.

What do you guys think?

(*) I would have posted the link, but I'm not allowed to until I've written 3 posts -- it's topic #24564