View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocklin View Post
(I'm pretty much GTD)

So, I call someone and leave a message asking that he or she call me back. The action started out with the context "phone" and a project assigned to it.

Best thing I can figure to do is change its context to "Waiting," which is OK, but means I'm going to have scan that context pretty often-- maybe a few times a day.

Anyone have a better way to handle?

TIA
@Troklin, If you use GTD traditional contexts way, I agree. I did it like this for years.

But for years I had problems with contexts about doing things. Since, I discovered another way : autofocus from Mark Forster and it's incredible last method AF4R and SAF. Now I changed my way of making and doing context and created mine which are :
CALL > All my calls to do. I love seeing them disappearing.
MAC > everything I must do if i have my imac
AF LIST > This is the traditional autofocus list AF1
UNFINISHED > This is a list wich contains all unfinished tasks. When a AF task is done but still needs to be followed or continued it goes here.
DISSMISS. > See Dissmiss from Mark FORSTER
ERRANDS
RECURRING Tasks > Not very use
SOMEDAY ? > If I dont really know if I want to do it or no= I may...
NOTES. > When I need notes about tasks or projects to be followed.
PERSONAL > =Home = a list t do when I have time and not on the rush of my work.

So, a waiting for call goes on my unfinished task and it's much better. I just write at the beginning of the task WAIT X to call me back - 5/12/10. (French date).

Since I use these new contexts and Autofocus process I don't loose time in organization. It made GTD less complicated and I work fast and things seems less complicated.

Last edited by Jupiter; 2011-01-04 at 10:24 PM..