View Single Post
Quote:
Personally, I have my phone set to always show me "remaining" actions; I prefer to see the list of items I added to OmniFocus for my current location even if I can't do some of them right now.
That is sometimes the case for me as well, but more often there is just such a large pile of stuff for me to sort through that it all becomes sort of meaningless. Not to beat a dead horse, but I think some kind of prioritization might solve this for me. I am probably using OF to keep track of a lot of things most people don't need to. I probably also have to refine my use of contexts, etc. although I do now have quite a few (as well as nested contexts). But it just feels overly complicated. Sorry, this may be a rant for another thread.

Quote:
I don't mind bringing the context list for my current location up myself, but I can see how that would be handy if my schedule had less variation. On the flipside, though, it would really annoy me if I deviated from the planned schedule and my phone was showing me the wrong task list...
Fair enough. Although wouldn't it be no more difficult than choosing a context, just as one often does now anyhow?

Quote:
By emailing the ninjas and letting them know you need them, it helps bump them up the task list.
Oh yeah. I've been all over that :-) That's why sometimes I feel like a whiner. Just to be crystal clear: that's my own baggage ;). Nobody has ever even slightly done anything to make me feel like a PITA. Thanks for the encouragement.

Quote:
Does "we try to be" count as an answer? :-)
Absolutely. I guess given that you (I assume) work at Omni, I may have put you in a bit of an awkward position. I was meaning to poll the users. But FWIW, the consistently positive, helpful, and thoughtful communications that I have had with every one of you is one of the main reasons why I'm still toughing it out with OF. By asking that question, I guess I was doing a bit of a reality check to see if my intuition was correct. I'm definitely hoping for some changes. But I do admit I have a lot to learn and I'm feeling somewhat hopeful. Thanks man. -Nathan