View Single Post
I love Things. It's been my best friend for the last two years and thanks to it I have about eight projects in the air at the same time and I can manage it.

But Things are limited and you often have to do weird work-arounds to make stuff work as you want. The reason why I'm right now looking at Omnifocus is because it seems to be everything I need.

After spending some time with organizing my projects I got this yes-yes-yes-feeling. I'll buy this app right away. This is genius!

But as soon as I started messing around with repeating tasks I felt that I entered a horrible nightmare. I've been watching tutorials, reading posts and I still have no clue what to do.

I have a task that I was to be repeated every day. When I'm done I want to check it and make it disappear. I don't want it to automatically reproduce. Every day I'm steadily working my way down to zero tasks and no matter how I do, my repeating tasks just keep on reproducing.

I don't want to see them! With Things this is so easy and every time a new day starts all the repeating task gets added to the task list again. I check them. They are gone. New day - they are added.

Not possible to do with Omnifocus?

Please help. I've spent four hours trying to make things work and it's pretty confusing to be honest.

/C