View Single Post
Hi,

well I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been resolved.

I had it working back in September on a Lion beta with my script. Don't remember exact version, but given that 10.7.2 was released in October to public, it must have been a 10.7.2 beta. Right now I'm already on the next beta, so I can't test on a public release of 10.7.2 but I really don't see why this should work on beta releases only.

Anyway, I've done some tidying up on my script and uploaded it here :
http://bit.ly/yU0yxl

It's a simple script. Some parameters in the first section for customization, followed by the script itself.

Personally, I've set up a Global Hotkey with Alfred + Powerpack to run it on the selected Mail messages. (BetterTouchTool could be a free alternative for setting up a Global Hotkey).

Running it (debugging it) from within the Applescript Editor will not work as Mail has to be the frontmost application (my intention was to create a script not limited to Mail, that's why I check the current frontmost app).

You can however change this my modifying the following part (situated at the top of the SCRIPT section) :

Code:
tell application "System Events"

set appname to name of the first process whose frontmost is true

if (appname = "Mail") then
		my AddFromAppleMail()
	else
		--display dialog appname
		my EmptyQuickAdd(appname)
	end if
end tell
replace by

Code:
tell application "System Events"
	set appname to name of the first process whose frontmost is true
	my AddFromAppleMail()
end tell
For those interested, this script is obviously free for any use, I would however appreciate feedback (and acknowledgment if redistributed).

If you have questions or problems, feel free to ask here.

Bye