View Single Post
Hi,

I'm designing a website / application being developed. I started using Omnigraffle which worked great. The problem was the programmers were on a PC and didn't like the fact that they couldn't just grab the individual elements / layers from my .png exported omnigraffle files as they can if I were to send them original illustrator/photoshop files (since it runs on a pc)

So I switched to fireworks and redid my designs there. They were happy that they could just grab the images from within the layers in illustrator or photoshop itself. But I'm not happy using fireworks - it's a far more frustrating process that stifles my creativity in UI design.

This brings me to my question.. Is there a way to design in OmniGraffle and export it to some program on the PC where the PC user can grab individual layers / images? I don't have a PC and have never used visio - so I'm wondering if I export it to visio - is it possible to open the file in a pc and grab / modify / export the individual elements using that program?

If not, can you think of a solution to my problem?