View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelmore View Post
Hopefully the iCal synchronization will take care of all of that.

Personally, I'd rather have a good task management program that can interoperate with a good calendaring/notification program, than have all of these programs have overlapping and duplicate functions.
What if you don't use iCal or any calendaring application? I don't really have a rigid schedule and I don't have a lot of appointments or meetings so keeping iCal open for the couple of items a week that I might have to remember to do something is overkill and unlikely to stick behaviorally and because my routine is not fixed it is even more important that I am alerted about important pending tasks lest they slip through the cracks.

To do items often reoccur and are time sensitive, that's why so many people held off on using OF until the repeat functionality was implemented even though technically they could have jerry-rigged something in iCal. A lot of people, including me, want all of this stuff in one place so we can focus on what needs to be done rather than dipping in and out of several programs.

Should the file attachment feature in OF be gotten rid of because the Finder already allows you to organize files? Why does iCal have To Do's if it's a calendar app? Programs that address overlapping concerns are going to have overlapping features.