View Single Post
May have found a solution to this, and feedback is still requested...

We'll say the task is going for a walk every evening around the neighborhood.

1) Created a project of the task I'd like to have repeated: Walk After Work (WAW)

2) Created 5 identical actions: WAW

3) Set each task to repeat on a different day of the week, only after completion. i.e:
WAW Mon; repeat one week after completion
WAW Tue; repeat one week after completion
WAW Wed; repeat one week after completion
WAW Thu; repeat one week after completion
WAW Fri; repeat one week after completion

4) Finally, I set the project to be in series, instead of concurrent.

My thought process here is to have each task repeat once a week, only after completion but to not see all those tasks pile up when not completed. If I don't check off Monday's WAW for whatever reason, when I recheck my perspective that shows my "Rituals" or daily tasks on Thursday all I will see is red tasks instead of a bunch of red repeated tasks that I didn't check off.

By having each task on a different day repeating once a week and having the project in series, I can still achieve the end state of having the tasks show up the next week day without the mess of a bunch of repeated, due tasks in my perspectives.

I'm not trying to hold myself accountable with OF, but I do want OF to remind me what to do on the day that I look at it. Meaning, when I do finally look at OF on Thursday I can see that I still need to go for that walk tonight while seeing the red color to either a) give me a tinge of guilt because I didn't walk for the past few days or b) realize that I did the tasks and just didn't tick them off as completed.

What do we think?