View Single Post
If you're dealing with multiple very important medications, I'd create a whole project (of the Single Action type) just for medications and set it up to want reviews weekly.

I have prescription refill reminders set up with a start and due date and a "start again" 24 days after completion (for a 30 day Rx).
The thing I ought to add is a "ask doctor to renew Rx action" and set it for 50 weeks after I get a Rx renewed.
You'll probably want to tweak that exact number of days & months based on your experience with your prescriptions.

For the billing question, am I correct that you bill for weeks 1& 2 during week 3, and for weeks 3&4 during week 5, etc.?
I'd have an action that is "repeat every" 2 weeks. Set its start date to the beginning of week 3, and its due date to the end of week 3. When you check it off, it should show up again for week 5.

OmniFocus has no concept of a due action "expiring" at the end of a time interval. It will start to show as overdue. At that point, you can either mark it completed to generate the next occurrence, or manually edit the due dates of the overdue one to become the one for the next week. I need to take the trash out on Thursday night if I want it collected on Friday. So I have an action that's "repeat every" with no start date, and a due date of Thursday 11pm. (I could set a start date of Thursday 4pm, I suppose...) If I stumble across this task on Friday, I just check it off (too late to put out the trash, I just saw the truck go by) and the new copy will be due next Thursday 11 pm.

"if you forget you will need to do three months after you remember" sounds like a "due again" repeat cycle.

Anyone else want to chime in? I'm sure I missed something.