View Single Post
I think we've had some discussions of moving the "hey, it's been a while" to the start of the app, rather than when we try to sync. Of course, if we changed that, the folks that never quit OmniFocus would never see the notice. I guess we could pop it up if folks tried to sync manually, but some folks never do that, either.

It's a tough one. On the one hand, folks are annoyed by slow syncs. We don't care about the out-of-date info on that one device - what we care about is the fact that all the devices that they are syncing are taking longer to do so until it gets caught up.

However, this thread is evidence that telling folks why their syncs are slowing down (in this manner, at least) annoys them, too. Worse, the message isn't effective; folks don't understand how to stop it (or are choosing not to do so). Result: some folks are actually annoyed more frequently than if we did nothing. Not good.

It would be helpful if the folks that are hitting this message and are annoyed by it could let us know what would work better. Believe us - the goal here isn't to be annoying. :-)

Last edited by Brian; 2009-02-12 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: "here to be annoying here"? Really, me?