View Single Post
Shanana,

I've been using the review dates for a few weeks now and really like them. I set review intervals on all my projects with the most important projects scheduled for very frequent reviews and the on-hold ones and someday-maybes* scheduled less frequently.

During my daily review I look over every active project due for review today.

During my weekly review I look over every on-hold project due for review in the next week.

During my monthly review I look over every someday-maybe project past due for review.

I used to try to do thorough project reviews only during my weekly review. This meant that my weekly review took a long time and I didn't give appropriate attention to each project. Using the review intervals, I only have a small number of projects to review in each daily review and my weekly reviews are more efficient.

One tip, if you set review frequencies using prime numbers you can reduce the likelihood of multiple project reviews piling up on the same day. My active projects have review frequencies of 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, or 17 days. My on-hold and someday-maybe ones have review frequencies of 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, ... weeks.

* I'm tracking someday-maybe projects using folders in OF named "Someday/Maybe" and marked inactive.

Curt