View Single Post
I recently upgraded to the iPhone 3g with the intent of fully integrating all my analog life into a true powerful digital device.

I realized that right now at least the iPhone is not it. The inability to run apps in the background is a true hindrance! I previously had a Treo and hated that phone - it would not sync with my online life, speed was slow etc. However it did allow me to set an alert (date and time) on a task or todo item which was excellent.

I need this ability again! I also was hoping that with Omnifocus being Location Aware I would be able to create specific tasks that would alert me when I was near a location.

Example:
Bar-B-Q on Saturday needs steaks.
Set Due date as Friday
Set task - "buy steaks" with project being Bar-B-Q
Set my Context to be "Butcher"

So ideally I would get an Alert on friday or X time before fridays due date, as well as in the scenario where I am walking through the market and I am near the butcher - because I am forgetful and doing a ton of things I forget that I need steaks, but Omnifocus knows where I am and alerts me to my location and task associated.

See how cool this could be?!

Will something like this be possible with the PNS (push Notification Service) that Apple is releasing versus a true background processes system?

Thanks!