View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
Ok, I understand better what you guys meant having received my first "alert" today... And I must say (respectfully) that I'm personally not in favour of implementing more options/more complications for alerts... In fact, I don't really see the points of alerts outside of calendar reminders, i.e. outside of the OF system.

Now since I don't want to be completely daft, I was wondering if those of you requesting alerts, and particularly those of you with many actions/projects, could tell me how you use them in your workflow, since I don't see it currently?
For example, how many alerts are you expecting to/would you like to/do you currently receive per day? How do you incorporate this vs. (or with) daily/weekly reviews, if at all?

Just curious and hoping to understand other workflow styles...

Thanks
I would use alerts if I could enable them on a task-by-task or project-by-project basis (i.e. a checkbox on the inspector panel nearby the due date).

I was using calendar alerts, but I rely on repeating tasks a lot - everything from remembering to give the cats their medicine once a week, to checking the tire pressure on the cars, to checking the chemicals in the hot tub, to submitting my monthly expense claim at work. On some days I had several alerts and I just went numb to them.

But if I could easily select an alert so it appears when I really do need one to appear, I would definitely do it.