View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpvanwormer View Post
The same thing can be done with regular contexts. I haven't done that myself up to now, but you started me thinking about it. I tested it by making an "On Hold" sub-context under my "Office" context and then moving one of my Office tasks (which is actually on hold) under it. Same as above, when I now look at my Office context, I see my active tasks first followed by an "Office : On Hold" header with the on hold task below it. Again, by making the status of the "On Hold" sub-context as "On Hold," the on hold task will not show up as available.

At the moment, this seems to me to be an even better solution than completely separate contexts and statuses. I would prefer that all my tasks in a given context be shown together but filtered by active status first and then on hold status after.
This is a way to handle what you want within the constraints of OF, but my biggest issue with this is how you would see all tasks you're waiting on or which are on hold regardless of context. I review all of them once a week (in my weekly review) to ensure that non are moot, or that I've had a response and not checked it off / progressed it, but this is only possible by reviewing each project one at a time..