View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beharkey View Post
Can't wait! Has the update been submitted to the App Store yet?
Yes, it was submitted before I posted. (However, there are a lot of apps being sent to Apple every day, so it's hard to know how long the review process might take. And if they find something we missed that we'll need to fix, it could take even longer.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brab View Post
Do we have real synchronization now (i.e. when both instances are modified, changes are merged)?

I've stopped using OF for the iPhone because I was getting synchronization errors very often. I would then have to choose between my phone or desktop database, both of them having changes, thus losing one set of them (without even having the opportunity to know what the changes were).
It sounds like you were running into this problem, which is now fixed:
Fixed a problem which could cause sync database incompatibilities if you synced from a non-list screen (e.g. when editing an action, project, or context), made some edits, but didn't sync those edits before exiting OmniFocus.
If you're curious about implementation details, the underlying problem in this situation was that the sync database thought the iPhone had already synced all its changes—which it had, up to that point—so it compacted the sync history. But the changes-in-progress on the iPhone were based on its older pre-sync state, so when those changes were saved they caused the database to become incompatible (because the sync database was missing the history it needed to understand how to merge them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbetteridge View Post
I know I'm being cheeky, but can you share any thoughts on what you might want 2.0 to have in it? :)
Later. :) (Next up: OmniFocus 1.8 for Mac!)