View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wealthychef View Post
Could you please give the name of the project and maybe a URL? Can mere mortals download and use it yet? thanks
Sorry, not yet. I caught ill just after I posted. I've only just started poking through the code but fortunately it looks fairly simple. :D

The RubyForge project is located at: http://rubyforge.org/projects/omnifocus-ui/

There are no files to release yet. Hell, I haven't checked the code base into SVN. However, there are certainly a few things to do early on:

- Consider migrating to RubyOSA -- RB-AppScript drives me crazy (sorry, Has).
- Remove the HTML from the controllers. Icky icky!

As for making it usable by "mere mortals", I'm concerned by the exclusion of the user interface for launching the web app from OmniFocus. I can certainly provide instructions for launching it from the command line. Hell, I can probably even write an install script -- but, in the mean time, it would mean that you may have to drop down into the terminal.

Sadly, I'm far more of a Ruby and Rails guy than a Mac programmer. I'll look at that later. Maybe someone else will later be able to help me clean up the installation and launching processes to make them more accessable to the non-coder.