View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
My approach to this is to make "Work" a folder in Planning Mode (rather than a top-level context). I can then focus on the Work folder in Planning Mode before switching over to Context Mode, which means that I'll only see Work tasks no matter which contexts I have selected. (I also have folders for "Family" and "Personal", so I can focus on those when I want to completely exclude my work tasks.)

Does that help?
Only partially. My problem is managing work related items that I may do at home or at the office.

So if I use your model of creating a work folder in Planning mode (By the way, I kind of do the reverse, I have a "Personal" folder in planning mode to separate non-work projects and tasks). So when I am at home, and I want to do some work-related tasks, I would: (1) focus on the "Work" folder in planning mode, (2) move to context mode, ...now how do I see the work related items, but only the items that do not require me to be in the office?...

Are you saying/implying I should then create an additional "flex" work context that I can do either at the office or at home?

I guess that would work...Of course, I was trying to rid myself of that extra psychological impact of having to assign each item to a "@Flex" context versus a "@Office" context...(even though I know I was already doing that by choosing "@Work" vs "@Work:Office"... it just feels like more work)