View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
trying to do this in Context mode, where it won't show up even with Remaining as the context selector unless the Waiting context is taken off Hold.
this is correct. my workaround is to "unhold" the Waiting context. when I print out my context lists - I can follow up on items I've delegated while on the run.

that said, I think this is a matter of semantics. It would be good to hear whether David Allen actually calls actions in the context of "waiting" a next action or not.

in other words, if I have a project to get my housing deposit back and I am waiting for my landload to get back to me about it, my next action (or lack of action which I now understand why it is debatable) is to wait for my landlord. it will become a next action for me at the point I feel my landlord has dropped the ball or I feel some more accountability over the issue.

It would be nice to not have to fumble around with the held/not held state of the context and just have a view/perspective where I don't see my waiting list and a view where I see everything (for next actions on the go and weekly reviews)