View Single Post
Another idea came up just now!

Wouldn't it be great to be able to do this:

- write the adress i want to visit into the adress-field of a browser window
- click a toolbar item called "Open in new tab", which opens the adress i just typed into the adress-field in a new, active tab (and makes the tab drawer visible if it is not already visible)

This would greatly improve workflow when working with tabs! It would eliminate problems with closed tab drawers (as discribed in my last post) and it would not concurrent with the new feature, that closes the tab drawer, when just one tab is open.

At the moment, when i want to open an adress in a new tab from a window with closed tab drawer i have to do this:
Open the tab drawer via its toolbar item or via "View"-menue, type the adress into the adress field and drag it to the drawer and click it to activate
OR
hit "command + T" or choose "New Tab" from the "File" menue and write the adress and hit enter to load it

The discribed item could also be inegrated into the adress bar to unite things that belong together. This saves a lot of "mouse-moving" and clicking.

It would be great if it was also availiable via keyboard shortcut, "command + enter" would be my favorite.

Last edited by andreas_g; 2009-07-05 at 12:06 PM..