View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpathomas View Post
So now I'm wondering if there is a problem with "Context Inflation?" Do you end up with 10k contexts?
Heh heh. As Steve already knows (we were comparing systems the other day), I suffer from a bit of context-inflation-itis. :)

I currently have 64 contexts. However, only about 2/3 of them are active (with tasks assigned) at any given time and many are nested. So managing them has not been a problem. I like to set the view bar filter in context mode to display only active contexts, which helps a lot.

I'm not saying lots of contexts is necessarily the way to go. It seems to be working for me, but I'm still experimenting. And I'm sure some people have more contexts, and lots of people have far fewer contexts. So I think it really comes down to personal preference and what works best for you. Fortunately, OmniFocus provides the tools to handle a fairly large number.

My only complaint with OmniFocus' handling of large numbers of contexts would be that when right-clicking on the OmniFocus Dock icon, the resulting list of contexts is a bit overwhelming on my 15-inch MBP display. It'd be nice if that contextual menu would nest contexts like the OmniFocus sidebar (already submitted a feature request months ago).

-Dennis