View Single Post
There are too many disparate discussions going on here for us to reach any kind of a consensus.

I, for one, don't mind groups and projects showing up in context lists when they're the next available "action". I think that will improve my workflow -- in certain custom perspectives (eg. where I view tasks grouped by project).

What I am wholeheartedly opposed to is being forced to manually assign contexts to every project so that they don't appear in the No Contexts bucket.

Give me a Projects bucket (probably similar to the proposed Parents bin) in the context sidebar and populate that with projects that don't have contexts. Then, ideally give me a way to turn it off ;) Don't mix projects with tasks.

If OG absolutely needs to mix projects and tasks into one bucket, at least give me an option to automatically assign new projects to a certain context (the proposed "Review" context). I understand that this will mean that nothing will ever show up in No Context bucket, but mixing projects and tasks together already broke my workflow -- this would just allow my OCD to rest easy because there won't anything unassigned to a context.

I can't believe that I actually woke up this morning mad over this whole stupid kerfuffle.