View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarkley
I think this points out the bigger problem. The 'flagged' filter setting is part of the 'task state' filter, which might make it seem like 'flagged' or 'not flagged' is somehow related to 'completed' or 'remaining' etc.

If flags are a completely different sort of beast (as suggested above), then they need another filter 'dimension' to work properly.

I know it is a slippery slope to having 20 filters on the filter ribbon, but if flags are independent of the next/avail/remain/completed state of the task, then they should have an independent filter.
I don't think that slope is too slippery. In fact, flagged status might be the only major thing missing from the filter ribbon. It would be outstanding to have a separate filter for 'flagged', 'not flagged', or 'any' with a little flag icon in its capsule (like the little checkbox and clock already there). 'Flagged' should also be one of the grouping and sorting criteria.

Add that and the ability to multi-select in the filter ribbon drop-downs (as suggested in another thread), and I'm in filter ribbon nerd-vana.

Curt