View Single Post
Syncing is a big problem now. I wasn't having issues before, but now MobileMe syncing is completely and utterly broken. Since 1.6, I continually get an error about being able to open "root transactions." I've tried some of the solutions listed on forums to no avail. I've started from scratch, only to have the problem recur. I am not about to give up local iDisk syncing just to resolve this. I shouldn't have to give up core MobileMe functionality that I'm paying for just to make one app happy. Asking users to do so is ridiculous. You need to find other solutions.

Just to reiterate the other posters' point about jumping to Things. I completely agree with that. I have a lot invested in OmniFocus Family Pack and iPhone edition, but I will happily chuck them for something that syncs properly. Things, while not as convenient since it requires WiFi, syncs like a charm and I have not run into anything close to these issues. The speed of the iPhone client completely blows away OmniFocus for iPhone.

I will give Bonjour syncing a try to see if it works like Things, but I am really aggravated. For the amount of money spent on both versions of this app, it really should just work. I need to get things done, not spend lots of time digging through forums to get my GTD app to work as advertised.