View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorringe View Post
I too submitted a feedback to Omnifocus.

But I'm with you, @GeorgeV. How can one be Omnifocused, (or just... 'focused'), if you have 10 flagged items of what you need to do from dawn till dusk, but you have no quick way to deciding which sequence that you'll order your items to Get Things Done?

I simply don't believe any real productive person could stay sane using a "pick & choose" philosophy— using the flagged system. (...I know it's starting to drive me a little nuts).
Actually, the Getting Things Done system described by David Allen has you pick your next task from the list each time, no making lists of things you're planning to do today (a practice he specifically discourages).

One of the underlying tenets of GTD (and OmniFocus) is that it is easier to make a selection from a small list than a large list. You've gone to the trouble of making a short list by flagging some items. What makes it difficult to pick an item (already decided to be relevant and timely) from your short flagged list, do it, and repeat until the list is empty? If you really, really need them done in a specific order, put a number at the beginning of the task name when you flag them:

1: Finish proposal for new web site
2: Call graphic designer about new layout

and so on. Even if OmniFocus isn't showing them to you in the desired order, you'll still be able to pick out the next one with ease, especially if you are showing only available actions (the completed ones will disappear from sight when you mark them complete).