View Single Post
I only enter appointments in iCal that are real - hard landscape sorts of things, which to me means meetings with others. Occasionally I will schedule a context - but as you say, that doesn't work well too far into the future.

I have the feeling (could be wrong, but it's a feeling) that many OmniFocus users and/or the developers are thinking in terms of having a system that they can turn to when they are in a particular context and the system will suggest work that can be done. That's great, as far as it goes. I need to be a little more pro-active in deciding when a particular context is necessary (by virtue of a particular task being important at that time).

Currently, I have no use for iCal Tasks (because OmniFocus is a more complete solution, and iCal Tasks appear on their Due date). I would love to be able to plan my week - including when tasks will appear in iCal (as Tasks - I wouldn't want them to appear as Appointments), then print the day's appointments and tasks for walking around and getting things done. As much as I like OmniFocus (both on Mac and iPhone), nothing can yet compare with the immediacy of a pre-printed paper list. iCal could print a pretty good day at glance to stuff in the outside pocket of my briefcase (and not worry about, unlike an iphone) if it could only access the right subset of OmniFocus tasks (and have things roll-forward, unlike a total paper solution - so items that are not complete will appear on tomorrow's printout, unless i defer them).