View Single Post
I thought I was going off the deep end—despite the fact that I buy and review software every week, and even have a bog devoted to this—so it was very gratifying to see the follow-up responses to my initial post.

Thanks, whpalmer4, vegaz, HappyCatMachine, Dan Baril, for all your input and support, and different angles on why OG is really dropping the ball here.

I have used these type of org outline programs for about 15 years. I've seen good, I've seen bad.

For a company as amazing as OmniGroup, it's a shame that this particular product of theirs is so lame. OO doesn't even have aliasing! (Making one item a pointer—or exact clone in a different location, linked up—as another item.) DEVONThink has this down to a science.

The other question heavily on my mind is: Does the new server announcement apply to OO? Can we sync our OOs on OG's server to keep OOs on our Macs in sync with copies on our iPads?

OO is a dog on iPad 1. And what is up with the templates? WE DON'T NEED TEMPLATES. This is an ORGANIZER. Does the seminal work "Getting Things Done" by David Allen waste template on templates? NO! He's too busy teaching people how to be more efficient.

OO is potentially REALLY great. Why OG is making so many mistakes with it in the last year, I do not understand. The only thing I can think of is that it's a political issue. Something like the lead developer being "old school" and completely oblivious of current tech trends.

And if anyone wants to see the future of incredible UI, download the to-do app Clear for your iPhone. It's only 99 cents, and it doesn't do much (yet), but the UI is about 18 months ahead of its time (a significant period in the current climate of refresh rate time lengths).

—Sandy Santra