View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorr@indev.ca View Post
The time should not much to change in the applescript. do you know what time is being set by the script?
If I send the email (with the tickler in MailTags set to 5/8/2010) at 6:22 PM tonight...then the task has a due date of 5/8/2010 at 6:22 PM. The script (time the email is sent) is setting the due date time rather than the default setting in OF.

Quote:
As for the other script -- I believe the URL of the message is placed in the notes of the task -- it shouldn't be too difficult to parse this out.
That's true...simplicityisbliss's (SIB's) script does place the URL in the notes field. My problem is...
1. Curt's script originates the email at the same time as the new task.
2. The new task is in the same project/context/due date/due time
3. The new email has the new appended prefix "waiting for reply"
4. I would like this new email (generated by Curt's script) to somehow be linked back to the newly generated task (preserving the project hierarchy and everything else in the notes field)...and this can't happen until SIB's script runs and creates a URL
5. When I send out the new email with SIB's script (now modified to have a new due date) I want the link to go into the task that was created by Curt's script (preserving notes & project) but with new due date and context (as created by SIB's script w/ MailTags "help")
6. So...how do I get the URL, new due date, and context to modify the newly created task? Or am I trying to make a really simple thing REALLY hard? I do that...

I know this sounds like a bunch of crap...and it probably is. I've got it in my head that it will work and improve my work flow. I don't mind shuffling things around by hand...but I've become addicted to scripts and am hoping to cut out yet another step.