View Single Post
I use the flags, like pvonk mentions, to highlight my most important tasks for the day or week. Sometimes I flag an entire project, but usually I flag just the key actions that I want to accomplish or at least work on. I also created a perspective in the planning mode with these filter settings: Remaining / Folder / Unsorted / Remaining / Any Duration / Flagged. I have this perspective saved and call it my "Flagged Perspective" - and I have it's icon & name on my toolbar.

So, first I do my daily or weekly review, where I flag the projects and/or actions I want to focus on. Then, when I am done I click on the Flagged Perspective to see just my flagged items. For me, I usually do this for my work-related projects and actions, so the last thing I do is select my "Work Projects" folder in the left-hand pane. Now the only items I see in the right-hand pane are my flagged work-related items. I can print this list out or - what I usually do - export the list to Taskpaper to get a text file that can be printed or sent over to my Windows laptop that I use at work. I'm pretty happy with the results - at least until I get my iPhone and Omni comes out with their slick iPhone version of OF!